Jun 202013

How to contact your Local Authority

and Municipality in your District

DeAarMunicipalityBldg s Municipality Contact

This lovely old building is the DeAar Town Hall and is situated in the Pixley Ka Seme District and is across the road from the Emthanjeni Local Municipality on Voortrekker Road


We get requests almost on a daily basis about “How do I  contact my local Municipality?”,  “Where is my local Authority?”, “Where do I take my plans?”, “Where can I contact the building Inspector?”

Well here is the most up to date National list that we can find. The list is also divided up into all the Provinces so just scroll down the pdf pages and find the Province then the Municipality that you live in and the contact details will be there. If you are not sure of the new Municipality name there is a list of all the old District names and towns with the new name of the Municipality and number next to it.

Please comment below if you would like us to display lists of any other features relating to Building Regulations.

Download (PDF, 997KB)

  8 Responses to “Municipality Contact”

Comments (8)
  1. How and where do I raise my concerns about an illegal commune in my neighbourhood _ Florida.

    • With your local authority – City of Johannesburg. I am not sure which department, but it could be covered by the Building Regulations because they govern class of occupancy – which in turn governs numbers etc.

  2. Subject:
    Building on Sectional Titles
    Good day,
    I am interested on buying a sectional title piece of land on a smallholing and would like to know what the regulations is for building on sectional title small holdings in the Free Sate. Will I be able to build a few flats on this piece of land? Any advice or re-direction is much appreciated. Thank you,

    • Nadine it depends largely on the zoning of the land, and what the local authorities allows. I suggest that you contact their planning department for advice.

  3. please tell me to whom one would direct a complaint about razor wire in reisidential areas in Claremont? Thanks

  4. Where can I check if part of Jan Smuts Avenue will be considered for business or office use?
    My client property is at 443 Jan Smuts Avenue.

    Kind regards


    • Hi Dieter,
      You do not say where the property is. There are two, one in Centurion and one in Randburg and they fall under different municipalities. Get hold of the relevant municipality and they are the only one’s that can tell you about business zoning. The contact numbers can be found here: municipality-contact

 Leave a Reply


(required but will remain confidential and not be published)